COVID Vaccine Information for Memorial Healthcare and Sparrow
UPDATE: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
Due to an overwhelming response from the Ingham, Montcalm, and Ionia counties community, we have reached our maximum capacity for COVID-19 vaccine pre-registrations for those individuals in Phase 1B. Once we receive additional vaccines from the State of Michigan, we will reopen our online pre-registration form.
Stay tuned to our social media platforms for announcements on upcoming clinics and how to register. Due to the uncertainty of vaccine delivery, (we will not be taking names for a waiting list at this time.)
Covid-19 vaccination update for Shiawassee County residents
Memorial Healthcare and the Shiawassee County Health Department are working diligently to bring the COVID-19 vaccine to Shiawassee County residents. At this time, we are awaiting allocation of COVID-19 vaccines. When we can ensure vaccines are available, we will be con- ducting vaccination clinics for those individuals in Phase 1b of the vaccine distribution sched- ule. Those include people age 65 and older and frontline essential workers in critical infrastructure (police officers, first responders, frontline state and federal workers, jail and prison staff, and pre-K-12 teachers and childcare providers). We ask for your patience at this time. Please stay tuned to our social media platforms, local newspapers, and radio stations for details when vac- cines become available. All COVID-19 vaccinations are by appointment only at this time.
As the region’s only community-owned, community-based health system, Sparrow is proud to be Mid-Michigan’s leader in COVID-19 care, testing, and now distribution of the COVID vaccine.
Sparrow is committed to providing access to the vaccine for whoever wants it, but our distribution is limited by the amount of doses we receive from the federal government. We have already administered thousands of doses to Sparrow caregivers and those in related healthcare fields and are excited to begin distribution to the public, following the schedule set by state, local and federal authorities.
Current Vaccination Criteria – Phase 1B
Based on direction from the Ingham County Health Department (ICHD), only those 70 and above, along with frontline essential workers, may receive a vaccine from Sparrow.
To receive the COVID-19 vaccine you must work or live in one of the following counties:
Segments open for vaccination are:
- Law enforcement Firefighters Shelter workers
- Corrections workers
- Pre-kindergarten through high school teachers, support staff who usually have direct con- tact with children
- Child care workers who usually have direct contact with children
- People age 70 and up (People 65-69 are not yet being scheduled). The age restriction is also due to the limited supply of dosages we are receiving from the state every week.
If you are pregnant, please make sure you have discussed with your healthcare provider before scheduling and receiving the vaccine.
We appreciate your patience and hope to expand our distribution if the state increases its allotment to Sparrow.
COVID-19 Vaccination Scheduling and Appointment Instructions
- Login to your MySparrow account via the mobile app or Sparrow.org/MySparrow. If you do not have an account, you must create one.
- Click on Visits, then on Schedule an Appointment.
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine (First Dose) scheduling form. This form button will be visible when there are appointments available. If the form is not visible, all available appointments are full. Please continue to check back on a regular basis. We will add more appointments as more vaccines become available.
- Choose an appointment time, then click Correct. To complete scheduling, you will receive one last question to fill out on the reason for your visit. Please add “COVID-19 vaccine.” Click Schedule button to confirm the appointment. You will receive a confirmation via email and/or a message in your MySparrow account.
Prior to your appointment, please confirm through your MySparrow account. You can also save time with eCheck-in through your account.
After your first dose, you will receive notification to schedule your second dose. Please note your second dose will be administered at the same location.
Please feel free to download and print the » COVID-19 Vaccine How to Schedule an Appointment PDF file.
If you are experiencing difficulty creating a MySparrow account or need password assistance, call 877.205.1300.